This Division is responsible for implementing wildlife development activates in a regular and productive manner with sound co-ordination of maintenance activates of the ministry.
· Taking Policy decision in the implementation of functions of the Department of Wildlife Conservation.
· Dealing with public petitions and complains related to the conservation of wildlife resources.
· Directing the public petitions pertaining to the subject of wildlife, received by the Presidential Secretariat to the responsible authorities for taking necessary action.
· Taking action to resolve the problems pertaining to the lands, archeological reserves and the problems of the public residing in the reservations.
· Making recommendations on land acquisitions of the Department of Wildlife Conservation and payment of compensations to the acquired lands.
· Co - ordination and monitoring of development activates carried out in National Parks such as construction of electric fence, construction of wild elephant holding grounds, enrichment of habitat.
· Submission of observations on Cabinet Memoranda of other Ministries on wildlife activities and matters relating to the subjects of this Ministry.
· Taking policy decisions and their implementation relating to insurance schemes for People facing wild elephant threats.
· Activities pertaining to remarking the boundaries of Victoria, Randenigala and Rantambe sanctuaries.
· Coordination activities on requests about tamed baby elephants and other wild animals.
· Make policy decisions on compensation payment for the loss of lives and other damages due to wild elephants.
· Research and making recommendations pertaining to the problems related to leaf monkeys and toque monkeys.
· Activities related to elephant conservation.
· Attending to water resources management activities in collaboration with relevant institutions.
· Implementation of the Disaster Management plan and the 2014 - 2018 -Programme through the Department of Wildlife Conservation under the supervision of the Ministry.
· Preparation of estimates, recommendation and granting approval for payments in respect of all maintenance activities of the Ministry.
· Attending to minor repairs to the Ministry building by obtaining Imprest Advance.
· Maintaining and servicing of Air conditioners, fax machines and computers owned by the Ministry.
· Activities related to updating of website of the Ministry.
· Establishment of Local Area Network within all divisions and providing internet facilities.