Activities such as assisting in scientific and technical affairs of the Departments of Wildlife, Forest Conservation and National Zoological Gardens as well as affiliated institutions and implementation of those activities properly and productively are done through this Division
· Having policy decisions needed in implementation of the scientific and technical functions of the Departments of Wildlife, Forest Conservation, National Zoological Gardens.
· Coordination and supervision of the activities related to winding up of the 18th summit of conference of parties (CoP) of the CITES to be held in May 2019.
· Working with local and interational institutions involved in conservation of endangered fauna and flora species.
· Preparation of technical related Cabinet papers of the Departments of Wildlife, Forest Conservation, National Zoological Gardens and submission of observations on the Cabinet papers of the said subject area presented by the other Ministries.
· Collecting and recording of technical details pertaining to the institutions of the Ministry and giving assistance to the relevant divisions.
· Promotion of coordinating the research activities done by the Departments of Wildlife, Forest Conservation and National Zoological Gardens.
· Removal of the invasive plants and animals exist in Wildlife Reserve areas and monitoring and supervision of the controlling of invasion of those organism and streamlining habitat enrichment of wild animals.
· Supervision and monitoring of the conservation of habitats of the protected marine animals.
· Closely working and giving recommendation with regard to formulation of a sustainable solution for minimizing issues arisen by crop damages caused by the wild animals in agricultural areas.
· Assisting and monitoring of the conservation of animal species in Dehiwala Zoological Gardens, Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Pinnawala Zoological Gardens, Safari Park in Ridiyagama functioning under the Department of national Zoological Gardens.
· Coordination and supervision of the activities related to confirmation of protection of fauna and flora community in Wildlife, forest, and other reserves.
· Monitoring & supervision of the activities related to Ex –Situ Conservation of endangered animal species in National Zoological Gardens.
· Monitoring & supervision of the activities related to Veterinary and animal welfare activities of the Departments of Wildlife and National Zoological Gardens.
· Coordination and supervision of the educational and awareness activities related to the institutions under the purview of the Ministry.
· Coordination with the relevant Ministry with regard to exhibitions, educational and awareness programs and social welfare programs arranged by other Ministries and monitoring them.
· Monitoring and coordination of the activities related to publishing monthly supplement of “Vanadiviya.“
· Monitoring and coordination of the activities related to broadcasting of the “Sobadhara” program which is produced in collaboration with the Department of Wildlife Conservation and National Rupavahini Corporation.
· Monitoring and supervision of the activities of Eco System Conservation and Management Project (ESCAMP) which is implemented under the World Bank fund of the Department of Forest Conservation in collaboration with the Development Division.
· Giving observations and recommendations for the draft agreements, amended regulations, draft guidelines and policy amendments submitted by other Ministries and institutions.
· Organizing of the commemorative programs for nationally and internationally declared special days and monitoring of the commemorative programs conducted by the departments under the ambit of Ministry.
· Monitoring and coordination of the activities related to activities related to conservation and sustainable usage of mangrove eco-system in Sri Lanka conducted by the Department of Wildlife Conservation.